If you need a ridiculously easy, no-bake dessert for a party, holiday cookie exchange, or just have a spur of the moment craving for chocolate and peanut butter, which happens quite often to me, this is a perfect recipe.
What I love about these little cookie, or cracker, stacks is that they’re salty and sweet, crunchy from the crackers yet creamy from the peanut butter, and gooey from marshmallow creme.
Every awesome dessert quality has been rolled up into one little bite-sized bundle. They’re incredibly addictive. Just ask my daughter who couldn’t stop eating them and told me this is one of the ‘best things I’ve ever made’.
If you’re not making them for Christmas, you can easily omit the red and green sprinkles. Or use red and white for Valentine’s, pastel for Easter, and so forth.
I use Trader Joe’s Pound Plus Bars for the chocolate coating because it melts beautifully and is well-priced. Specifically I melt half of the 72% and half of the ‘dark’. If you can’t find it in your area, look for chocolate candy melts or try buying chocolate in bulk bins that looks like small discs.
As a last resort use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips because chocolate chips have stabilizers in them cause the chocolate chips to both resist melting and to set up overly quickly during the dipping process.
Don’t add too much of the peanut butter-marshmallow filling or it will ooze out of the sides and it makes dipping a little tricker and they don’t look as neat when they’re finished.
You can easily scale the batch size up or down based on your needs.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks
If you need a ridiculously easy, no-bake dessert for a party, holiday cookie exchange, or just have a spur of the moment craving for chocolate and peanut butter, this is a perfect recipe. What I love about these little cookie, or cracker, stacks is that they’re salty and sweet, crunchy from the crackers yet creamy from the peanut butter, and gooey from marshmallow creme. Every awesome dessert quality has been rolled up into one little bite-sized bundle. They’re incredibly addictive. Read blog post for chocolate recommendations.
Yield: 2 dozen, you can easily adjust the yield
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: about 1 hour, for setting up
- 48 Ritz crackers or buttery golden round crackers
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 pound chocolate, coarsely chopped and melted for dipping (see notes in blog post for chocolate recommendations)
- holiday sprinkles, optional but recommended
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Lay 24 crackers on a baking sheet; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and stir to combine.
- Evenly spread a thin (not paper thin, but not too thick either) layer of the peanut butter-marshmallow mixture on the 24 crackers on the baking sheet.
- Top with the remaining 24 crackers, creating sandwiches; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped chocolate and heat on high power in 15 to 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst, until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Dip each stack into the chocolate using one or two forks, allowing the excess to drip off. Place dipped stacks on baking sheet.
- Optionally add sprinkles, to taste.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge or freezer until chocolate has hardened before serving. Stacks will keep airtight at room temp for up to 2 weeks, in the fridge for up to 1 month, or in the freezer for at least 4 months. I store them in the fridge because it’s warm in San Diego and they get a bit too soft at room temp.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
White Chocolate-Dipped Oreo Cookie Balls – Easy, no-bake recipe for the classic truffles that everyone loves!
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&M’s and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is THE ONE! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!
Soft Frosted Holiday Sprinkles Cookies – Tender, buttery cookies topped with cream cheese frosting and loaded with sprinkles! Easy, no-roll holiday cookies that everyone goes crazy for!
Softbatch No-Roll Holiday Sprinkles Cookies – No-roll dough with sprinkles baked in so you don’t have to decorate cookies! Big timesavers! Everyone loves these soft, buttery cookies loaded with sprinkles!