This easy Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce is perfect for serving the brunch crowd at Easter or Christmas — no flipping required! My favorite way to make pancakes! Includes step by step recipe video.
Recipe posted first on The Recipe Critic.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t yet know this, but I have big, BIG love for the baked pancake.
They seem to not really be a big brunch thing around the holidays, not as big as the make ahead breakfasts anyway (like this french toast casserole or this baked overnight french toast or this breakfast casserole).
But I don’t understand why.
We love, love pancakes. We used to be that family who made a big Saturday or Sunday pancake breakfast (and by “big” I mean we made pancakes, and that alone was a pretty big deal) every weekend, but we’ve kind of gotten away from it. Maybe it’s because as we add to our family there’s more and more flipping and less sitting and eating and relaxing.
And so here’s where this ridiculously easy and wonderful baked pancake comes in — you just whip up your pancake batter, and then you pour it into a pan and bake it. You can even make the pancake batter the night before so you just have to bake in the morning, and then you all eat it hot at the same time. It is kind of amazing.
Clearly, way too much time has passed since this Healthier Cinnamon Roll Baked Pancake (<— which you also need to try!), but I’m back and I think this is going to be a regular addition to our weekend breakfast menu. I hope it will be to yours, too!
Tips & Tricks for Making this Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce:
- I love to make as much ahead of time as possible. You can definitely whip up the pancake batter and store it in the fridge (although you may want to leave out the lemon until just before you bake), and you can make the berry sauce days in advance or even weeks and just stick it in the freezer.
- If you want, feel free to skip the berry sauce altogether and top with fresh berries and yogurt for a healthier alternative.
Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce + VIDEO
This easy Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce is perfect for serving the brunch crowd at Mother’s Day, Easter or Christmas — no flipping required! My favorite way to make pancakes! Includes step by step recipe video.
Serves: 6-8 servings
Triple Berry Sauce
- 5 cups (1 600g bag) frozen mixed berries (fresh works too!)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1½ cups all purpose (or whole wheat) flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (1%) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 2 lemons
Triple Berry Sauce
- In a large pot, combine berries, ½ cup water, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook until berries are heated through and sauce is bubbling.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and corn starch, gradually stir into sauce while cooking to thicken. Remove from the heat and let sit until ready to serve or refrigerate for later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9″ pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, egg, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, lemon juice and zest until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slice, top with berry sauce and devour ?
*This sauce recipe makes 3½ cups, so you will have lots! Feel free to store the leftovers in the fridge for later or freeze and thaw for another use.