Make way for the queen of all summer salads! Loaded Grilled Steak Salad with all the stone fruit and my addictive cilantro vinaigrette!
Game time guys. I’ve been up in Seattle this week (heading back to LA tomorrow) and I cannot get over how gorgeous the weather has been. I literally want nothing to do with my actual kitchen, and I ONLY want to be outside in front of the grill. That’s the plan for this weekend and this salad is the star. Where do I even begin?
You guys know I love a loaded salad. I need lots of flavors, textures and colors to really knock it out of the park and this Loaded Grilled Steak Salad has all the things.
Tons of market greens, plenty of ripe heirloom tomatoes, peaches or nectarines, avocado, scallions, corn AND my cilantro vinaigrette to tie it all together. I also add some of the best flank steak known to man, but if you’re a vegetarian you can easily leave it out and still have an epic salad! So throw this on your agenda this weekend and have at it!
Loaded Grilled Steak Salad
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups market greens
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 corn on the cobb, grilled and sliced off into sheets
- 1 recipe cilantro vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- Combine the ingredients for the flank steak marinade. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and generously season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees halfway through to get crisscross grill marks. Cook until medium/medium rare, or medium, depending on your preference, and then remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain and use for the salad.
- Arrange everything on a large platter and serve with the vinaigrette drizzled on top.
For the Steak:
For the Salad: