FIESTA LIME CHICKEN is our favorite easy grilled Summer meal! Served on a bed of Mexican rice and topped with lime ranch, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips; this flavor can’t be beat!
I love Summer for so many reasons, but one of the best is all the GRILLING! It’s so fun to be outside cooking instead of stuck indoors at the stove, plus I love that Pat wants to be more involved with dinner prep. It seems easy to get creative on the grill, and the flavors always seem bigger and brighter. Henry (our 4 month old) just loves being outside, so this Summer we have been around the grill more than ever. This Fiesta Lime Chicken is one of my favorite ways to dress up dinner while still staying simple. It’s bold, delicious, and oh so easy. Dinner here we come!
This Summer I’m having so much fun creating some cheesy recipes with my favorite creamy brand, Borden® Cheese! You might remember my Crab Artichoke Bread Bowls , Cheesy Baked Breakfast Sliders, and of course those fun Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket I posted last month. I can’t get enough of their Sliced Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese and they were just perfect for this Fiesta Lime Chicken. So creamy and flavorful!
The flavors in this fave dinner are incredible. Grilled chicken topped with lime ranch and then smothered in colby jack and finally topped with pico de gallo, cilantro, and tortilla strips! Serve it with Mexican rice and you’re really in business. This is a no fail recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters (aka, PAT).
If you’re in the market for an easy dinner to grill this Summer, you’ve come to the right place! Fiesta Lime Chicken for the WIN!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasoning salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 slices Borden Colby & Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro, and tortilla strips for garnish
- Mexican Rice for serving
- Heat grill to 400F
- Brush each chicken breast with olive oil and then sprinkle with seasoning salt (I like Lowry’s) and pepper to taste.
- Grill for approximately 10 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking combine the ranch, yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic in a blender and blend until fully combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the ranch mixture on each chicken breast and then top with a slice of cheese. The cheese should melt down onto the chicken, but to make it extra creamy pop it back on the grill for a minute or two until its melted to your liking.
- Top each breast with fresh pico de gallo, cilantro, and tortilla strips. Serve with Mexican Rice for extra flavor.
This post was written in partnership with Borden® Cheese. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!