Super moist, tender and full of flavor, this Best-Ever Zucchini Walnut Bread will soon become your favorite!
I apologize in advance, but I am ALL IN for fall.
I know some of you are clutching your bikinis in mock horror at the idea of pumpkins and cinnamon and boots in August, but you also probably live in a state where it’s a breezy 80 degrees every day. I live somewhere where the temps sometimes exceed 100 degrees and it’s no bueno.
So I’m slooooowly going to start transitioning my recipes to reflect the weather – but before I do, hear me out.
We bloggers kind of operate like magazines in that we have to produce content for holidays a month or two in advance in order for it to get traction on sites like Pinterest. If I posted Halloween recipes the day before Halloween, I wouldn’t be a successful blogger. Get it? Got it? Good. ?
But the good thing about this is that my fall-inspired recipes are ready when you are. And I’m going to kick it off with a fall-ish recipe. I say “fall-ish” because zucchini is primarily a summer ingredient, but the spices in this loaf are abundantly fall-inspired.
This Zucchini Walnut Bread is so moist, tender and soft and is bursting with amazing spiced flavor and crunchy bits of buttery walnuts. I loved toasting slices of this bread and slathering the warmed bread with gooey butter, but this is just as amazing straight-up.
The best part is you can customize this loaf to suit your tastes. Want it a little spicier? Add more cinnamon and nutmeg. Don’t like walnuts? Substitute pecans, which would be equally delicious.
Now grab your coziest sweater and get ready for the influx of fall (and fall-ish) recipes!
Best Ever Zucchini Walnut Bread
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Breakfast
This Zucchini Walnut Bread is the BEST I’ve tried! Super moist, tender and soft with plenty of spice and crunchy walnuts in every bite!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup oil
- 1 & ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 & ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray, or two smaller loaf pans as you do not want to overfill one pan with batter. Place the loaf pans on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any possible drips. Set aside briefly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. In a separate large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until blended. Gradually add the flour mixture until just barely combined – you should definitely still see patches of flour streaked throughout. Gently fold in the zucchini and walnuts and just barely mix in. You do NOT want to over-mix the batter as this will lead to tough bread or bread that’s sunken in the middle after baking.
- Spoon the batter evenly among the pan(s). Bake for approx. 50-60 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist – not wet – crumbs. Cool completely before serving.
I love the spice level in this fabulously moist zucchini bread, and the crunchy bits of walnuts swirled throughout are such a nice touch!
Have a super sweet day!