M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars! It’s a combo of sugar cookies, cheesecake and M&M’s all layered together to make the ultimate dessert bar!
I think we all have a slight obsession with decadent desserts. Mash ups of our favorite things all rolled into one epic bite. Slutty Brownies are a perfect example! And so are these M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars. It’s a three layer dessert, cookie dough, cheesecake and more cookie dough that gets sprinkles with some thematic M&M’s and baked to perfection. The cookie dough couldn’t be easier, the cheesecake layer is 100000 times easier than making a traditional cheesecake, and what’s not to love about those 2 desserts together on one plate?
Seeing as how Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I opted for a pink/red/white theme, but it could easily be done with Easter colors, Christmas colors, or any other theme you’re going for. All pink or all blue for a baby shower… the possibilities are endless!
So grab a few ingredients from the market, whip these up for your special someone this weekend and thank me later! I don’t know about you guys, but I’d be pretty pumped getting a batch of these rather than some flowers! And happy early Valentine’s Day!
M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Valentine’s Day M&M’s
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cookie Layer
For the Cheesecake Layer
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large stand mixer for 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Toss in a handful of the Valentine’s Day M&M’s and mix for a quick second. Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer
- Whip together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for 3 minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with tin foil and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- Press 1/2 of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan to make 1 even layer.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining Valentine’s Day M&M’s.
- Place it into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cookie dough is golden brown. The inner part of the dish might look a bit jiggly, but not to fear. Once the bars have baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then transfer them to the fridge and cool completely for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve as needed.
For the Cheesecake Layer