The best brownies I’ve ever eaten: tahini brownies. No butter, flour, oil or refined sugar. These paleo, gluten free and grain free brownies are simply incredible with REAL, wholesome ingredients!
While I was in Israel last November, I consumed the most tahini I had ever had in my life. The hummus (or often pronounced WHOOO-MUH-S) was one of the best things I’d ever eaten. Granted I have never been to Greece but this stuff was creamy, rich, and with a slight bitter tang from the freshly ground tahini.
After eating tahini for over a week with various dishes like roasted pumpkin, bread, meatballs and more, I became addicted. And even more so when I found out that Trader Joe’s sold tahini (aka sesame seed butter) for less than $5.
*places all TJ’s tahini in cart and runs*
If you aren’t familiar with tahini then you really must try it. It’s typically added to hummus or can be used in salad dressings. It’s also great on toast with honey and toasted sesame seeds. Or even on apples.
OR in my delicious tahini banana bread (chocolate chunks are a must in this).
And finally, I’ve got an even better recipe for you to try:
These brownies chewy, fudgy, perfectly sweet and just the most amazing brownie I think I’ve ever tasted.
I’m serious. They are THAT good. I had four in one night. I couldn’t STOP.
A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, ya feel?!
These brownies are also incredibly easy to make. If you’re looking for a dessert for a crowd and need something simple, just throw all the ingredients in one bowl and mix away. And if you’re feeling sassy, top them with something a little extra special.
Here are some suggestions:
-Toasted sesame seeds on top
-A little sprinkle sea salt
The options are endless.
One thing I do want to mention is that it’s important to use a good quality cocoa powder. My current favorite is this one from Divine. Others that I love are Ghirardelli.
I hope you LOVE these brownies and give them a try soon! They take less than 10 minutes to mix together. If you make them, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram or leave a comment below.
Grain Free Tahini Brownies (the best brownies I’ve ever eaten!)
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
Recipe type: Dessert, Grain Free, Brownies, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- For the chocolate drizzle
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the tahini, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips into the batter. This batter should be rather thick.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan. If it’s giving you trouble to spread (because it’s on the thicker side), spray a rubber spatula with nonstick cooking spray (trust me, it helps!). Bake for 22-30 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Don’t overbake!
- After brownies have cooled a few minutes, prepared the chocolate drizzle: Place a small saucepan over low heat, add chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir frequently until melted and smooth. Generously drizzle over the brownies. Makes 16 brownies.