This Sweet Tea Frosting is brought to you by my friends at Target.Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make this website possible.
I don’t know how summer is heating up for you, but it’s been pretty warm here! I feel like in New Jersey we go from cold to hot in a blink… but I’ll take the warm weather for sure.
My drink of choice during the summer (besides a glass of rosé, of course) is iced tea. So last week, I hopped on over to Target, because they’re having a fantastic sale using their Cartwheel app on Pure Leaf Ice Tea, and had a little Ice Tea party outside.
Complete with cupcakes. Because you can’t have a party without cupcakes.
And I mean since it was an Iced Tea party I went ahead and made Sweet Tea Frosting for my cupcakes! Kind of a full circle situation.
You can use basically any flavor tea you would like in the frosting…Lemon Tea is a great option, especially if you have a lemon cupcake!
My kids can’t get enough of this tea…it’s our favorite brand. The unsweetened is my go-to and it’s the perfect tea balance. I brew tea at home too, but I can never get it as perfect as Pure Leaf!
The frosting is easy, you just mix together some butter, powdered sugar and the tea of your choice! It adds a subtle flavor to the frosting that makes it pretty special!
Sweet Tea Frosting
Author: Cookies & Cups
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons brewed tea
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter on medium speed until creamy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, mixing until incorporated.
- Add in the tea and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread onto cake or cupcakes.