Green Beans with Brown Butter, Crispy Shallots, and Hazelnuts-this easy vegetable side dish goes great with any meal.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Are you ready? Ready or not here the big meal comes! If you are looking for an easy side dish that will WOW all of your guests, make these Green Beans with Brown Butter, Crispy Shallots, and Hazelnuts. They are my FAVORITE green beans. I would almost pick them over dessert. I said almost:) Good thing it is Thanksgiving and I don’t have to choose. I can eat all the things!
Fresh green beans are the way to go, no canned beans allowed. The green beans get coated in brown butter and are topped with crispy shallots and hazelnuts. The flavor combination is out of this world.
The ingredients are SO simple, but the end result is amazing! Add Green Beans with Brown Butter, Crispy Shallots, and Hazelnuts to your Thanksgiving menu now. And I get it if you are green bean casserole fan and have to go with tradition on Thanksgiving. You can make these simple and stunning green beans for Christmas or you can have two green bean dishes on Thanksgiving. Remember, you can eat ALL the things! And my green beans might surprise you. Your green bean casserole might become retired:)
Happy Thanksgiving friends! We hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with love, laughter, gratitude, and of course, good food. We are grateful for you all!
Green Beans with Brown Butter, Crispy Shallots, and Hazelnuts
Fresh green beans with brown butter, crispy shallots, and hazelnuts. This simple vegetable side dish goes great with any meal.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends snapped off
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place oil in a medium skillet and add the shallots. Turn the heat to high and cook until the shallots start to bubble. Reduce heat to medium heat and cook, stirring often, until shallots are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. The shallots will crisp up as they cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add the green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Don’t overcook the beans. You want them to be crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam. Remove the butter from heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty. Drain the green beans and add them to the skillet with the brown butter. Toss until all of the green beans are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Transfer green beans to a serving bowl or platter and top with crispy shallots and toasted hazelnuts. Serve warm.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!