Happy Wednesday!! I’ve been waiting for the right moment to bring out this mega salad and today’s the day. Welcome Avocado and Heirloom Tomato Salad!!
I’ve never been one to wait for permission, but now that it’s officially spring, I’m planning on doing some backyard / picnic / outside / park style entertaining ALL THE TIME. There’s nothing better than an outdoor soiree and big giant boards full of food like this Avocado and Heirloom Tomato Salad. Just prep all your ingredients, arrange them on a gorgeous board, and let you guests go to town. Between this and the Bruschetta bar, it really doesn’t get any better!!
If you really wanted to up the ante you could add some fresh mozz!!
Avocado and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 3 large tomatoes (heirloom and regular)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (heirloom and regular)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- freshly torn basil
- freshly torn mint
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Drizzled red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes in thick pieces and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves. Arrange on a large platter or in a bowl and add the red onion and avocado along with the herbs on top.
- Drizzle with a tablespoon or so of olive oil and and bit of red wine vinegar,
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.