The fig situation at the Santa Monica and Hollywood farmers market has been out of control these past few weeks and I’m taking full advantage! This Fig Salad with Fresh Mozzarella has been on repeat and it’s literally embarrassing how easy it is!
Doesn’t matter the season, I’m all about letting ingredients shine. I’m sure you’ve noticed that none of the recipe here on WGC have overwhelming ingredient lists or weird things you have to custom order. It’s really all about letting whatever is in season shine and this Fig Salad with Fresh Mozzarella is no exception. Fresh figs, torn mozzarella, salt prosciutto, peppery arugula and an easy vinaigrette… done and done.
I’ve been eating it for lunch just like this, or for dinner with a side of grilled chicken or salmon. It’s the epitome of summer and you need to make it immediately. You’ll look like a rock star…. promise. (and really isn’t that what life is all about!) Grab any kind of figs you can get your hands on and go for it! xx
Fig Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 1-2 pints ripe figs, quartered or halved
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 2 oz thin sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
For the vinaigrette
For the salad
- Combine the shallot, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper and whisk. Drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Place the arugula on a large platter or bowl, top with prosciutto, cheese, basil and figs and drizzle with dressing.