Blackberry Lime Bars made with a creamy, lime filling, fresh blackberries, and an easy graham cracker crust. These lime squares are a family favorite dessert!
Whenever I get asked to bring a dessert to a summer potluck, I usually make and take my Lemon Blueberry Bars or my Lemon Raspberry Bars. They are always a hit. If you’ve made them, you know what I am talking about.
My new favorite bar recipe are these Blackberry Lime Bars. They are similar to the oh so loved lemon bars, but made with lime and blackberries. If you like the lemon bars, you need to try this recipe too. These easy lime squares are a great summer treat!
Josh LOVES all things lime so he was thrilled about the lime bars…until I told him I was taking them to a party. He wasn’t happy about that. He wanted ALL the lime bars to himself. He kept hovering around the kitchen while I was making them. I knew I had to keep my guard up:)
The bars start with an easy graham cracker crust. You only need crushed graham crackers, sugar, melted butter, and a pinch of salt to make this no-fail crust.
To make the creamy lime filling, you need egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, and fresh lime juice. Mix until smooth and pour the filling over the baked graham cracker crust.
Place fresh blackberries into the filling and bake! Let the bars cool, cut into squares, and ENJOY!
These creamy, tart lime bars dotted with juicy blackberries are DREAMY! You need to make them this summer.
Josh kept dancing around the bars, so I let him taste one before I took them to my party. He gave them two thumbs up…and then he went to the store to buy more ingredients to make the bars for us. I guess one Blackberry Lime Bar wasn’t enough:)
If you like these Blackberry Lime Bars, you might also like:
Blackberry Lime Bars
Blackberry Lime Bars are made with a creamy, tart lime filling, fresh blackberries, and an easy graham cracker crust. They make a great summer or anytime dessert.
Yield: 16 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and pinch of salt. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumbs firmly into prepared pan. Bake the graham cracker crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk in a medium bowl. Stir in the lime zest and lime juice. Stir until mixture is smooth and begins to slightly thicken.
- Pour the lime filling evenly over the graham cracker crust. Place the blackberries evenly into the lime filling, pushing them down a little. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Cut into squares and serve.
Note-Bars will keep covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!