A nourishing, hearty bowl that’s perfect when you’re craving takeout but want something healthier instead. Plus, it’s ready in just 30 minutes! Let’s make curry bowls, friends.
This bowl is inspired by my Coconut Curried Golden Lentils, which are insanely flavorful and ready in 20 minutes. And they pair perfectly with the flavors going on in this dish.
In addition to lentils, I decided on cauliflower rice, easy roasted sweet potatoes, and steamed kale. And as an additional sauce, I whipped up a batch of my favorite cilantro chutney – an optional addition but certainly delicious!
I hope you all LOVE this bowl. It’s:
Easy to make
Protein- + Fiber-packed
& Super delicious
This would make the perfect hearty but healthy dinner when you need something on the table fast! It’s incredibly satisfying on its own, but it would also pair well with my 5-Minute Vegan Golden Milk, Curried Butternut Squash Soup, Samosa “Potato Cakes,” or Curried Roasted Cashews.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Nourishing Curried Lentil & Sweet Potato Bowl
An amazingly nourishing, delicious bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice, curried lentils, and cilantro chutney. Just 30 minutes and SO tasty!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Entrée
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Indian-Inspired
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into rounds or small wedges (skin on, organic when possible)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) coconut or avocado oil (see notes for oil-free*)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower, grated into “rice” (or sub cooked white or brown rice)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil or water
- Pinch sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 bundle organic kale or collard greens, chopped (or other green // alternatively, prepare my Coconut Curried Greens)
FOR SERVING optional
- Prepare a batch of Coconut Curried Golden Lentils (not included in final cook time).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sweet potatoes, oil*, and salt and toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender and slightly brown on the ends.
- In the meantime, prepare cauliflower rice by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil or water, cauliflower rice, salt, and curry powder. Stir to combine.
- Lower heat to low and sauté for 3-5 minutes, covering to allow it to steam and stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Set aside.
- Next, prepare kale by heating a rimmed skillet or pot over high heat and adding 1/2 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Then place a steamer basket on top. Add kale and cover. Steam for 2-3 minutes or until just wilted and bright green. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Lastly, prep any remaining serving items, such as chutney, sliced cabbage, or cilantro (all optional).
- Divide sweet potatoes, curried lentils, cauliflower rice, kale, and any additional items between serving bowls and enjoy. Best when fresh. Store leftover ingredients separately in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 4 servings without additional sauces or toppings (i.e. chutney), but calculated with the suggested oil (in this recipe and the curried lentils). If you remove the oil the nutrition comes to ~390 calories, 4.7 g fat, and 3.7 g saturated fat.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe without sauces / additional toppings Calories: 512 Fat: 15.2 g Saturated fat: 5.1 g Carbohydrates: 74.4 g Sugar: 12.6 g Sodium: 561 mg Fiber: 26.5 g Protein: 23.9 g