You’ve heard me say it again but this instance feels the most fitting….this recipe I’m sharing today IS EVERYTHING! Everything Pretzel Dogs to be specific, because it’s Wednesday and let’s celebrate!
Leave it to me to make a spice rub that’s named This Is Everything as part of my new spice line ? I mean, would you expect anything less? This seasoning truly is everything. Inspired by my favorite kind of bagel, this seasoning can go on everything and anything. From avocado toast to your bagel to your salad to your PRETZEL DOG. Throw it on everything savory and I pinkie promise you’ll never be disappointed!
Today, Everything Pretzel Dogs because it’s absolutely the right move! These are epic and you can dunk them in any number of mustards or ketchup and it’s perfection. Flavor explosions in every bite. Trust me – you’ll want to make these for your next weekend shindig or movie night or if you’re having a bunch of kids over for a play date. Basically if you make them, you’re guaranteed to win friend / parent of the year.
All you need is a container of This Is Everything and you’re ready to rock and roll.
- 1 1/2 cups warm (110 to 115 degrees F) water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 22 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 4 1/2 cups
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Vegetable oil, for pan
- 10 cups water
- 10 hot dogs
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons Gaby’s This is Everything Seasoning
- Combine the water, sugar and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top. Allow to sit for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to foam. Add the flour, butter, Italian seasoning and parmesan and, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low speed until well combined. Increase the speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, clean the bowl and then oil it well with vegetable oil. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and sit in a warm place for approximately 50 to 55 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and lightly brush with the vegetable oil. Set aside. Meanwhile, bring the 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a rolling boil in an 8-quart saucepan.
- In the meantime, turn the dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface and divide into 10 equal pieces. Roll into ropes, and then roll the rope around an entire hot dog, making sure to secure the ends.
- Place onto 2 sil-pat lined sheet pans.
- Place the pretzel dogs into the boiling water, 1 by 1, for 30 seconds. Remove them from the water using a large flat spatula. Return to the half sheet pan, brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture and sprinkle liberally with the This is Everything Seasoning. Bake until dark golden brown in color, approximately 12 to 14 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving