Grilled Steak & Shrimp slathered in garlic butter makes for the BEST steak recipe!
An incredible easy to make gourmet steak dinner that tastes like something out of a restaurant! Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp recipe is ready on the table in less than 15 minutes. Easy to make and PERFECT for the barbecue, or grill inside using a grill pan!
Tips for Perfect Grilled Steak
- Set up the grill — at least 15 minutes before you start grilling. Start with clean grill plates to prevent steaks from sticking when flipping.
- Preheat grill or barbecue — Your grill needs to be HOT! At least 450°F (230°C) to get a good sear and a crispy edges. Find the hottest areas by carefully and slowly waving your hand 6 inches above the grill plates.
- Lightly oil — Using tongs, lightly grease grill plates with a folded paper towel dipped in oil.
- Pat steaks dry — Let steaks sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes, then pat dry with paper towel to ensure the perfect sear. Season with salt and pepper, plus anything else you like: paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, etc.
- Flip with tongs — Use a pair of tongs instead of a barbecue fork to avoid piercing holes in the meat and releasing crucial juices. Flip only once during cook time to give them time to form that beautiful crust. You’ll know they are ready when they easily lift off the grill.
- Slather with garlic butter — the BEST part about this recipe. You can grill your steaks AND have delicious melted garlic butter running down them, infusing them with so.much.flavour. You’re going to use half here, saving the rest for your shrimp.
- Rest — Allow steaks to rest for a good 5 minutes before slicing to let the juices settle before serving.
While steaks are resting, grill your shrimp, brushing them with the remaining butter. Get ready for a flavour explosion.
How can you tell if grilled steak is done?
- Rare steaks. Soft textured steaks that maintain an indent when pressed will be rare — 140°F (60°C) internal temperature
- Medium-rare steaks. Steaks with a soft and springy feel will be medium rare — 145°F (63°) internal temperature
- Medium steaks. Steaks with a springy feel will be medium (bounce back up fast) — 160°F (70°) internal temperature
- Well done steaks. Firm steaks are well done — 170°F (76°) internal temperature
I recommend removing steaks off the grill when they are around 5° below desired doneness as they continue cooking while resting!
How to grill shrimp?
Reduce heat to medium and grill your shrimp for 5-6 minutes, depending not the size and thickness of your shrimp. Flip each one halfway through cook time, grilling until they turn nice and pink in colour while white and opaque on the inside.
What to serve with steak and shrimp
Grilled asparagus is my favourite side! Grilled Brussels sprouts, zucchini or broccoli are just as good!
What wine goes well with this steak recipe?
I choose a white wine to go with this. A light Chardonnay or Pinot Gris pairs really well. I also love a chilled glass or Rosé.
Looking for more steak recipes? Try these!
Mexican Grilled Steak (Carne Asada)
Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp
Grilled Steak & Shrimp slathered in garlic butter makes for the BEST steak recipe! A gourmet steak dinner that tastes like something out of a restaurant, ready and on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Keyword: Steak Recipe
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 543 kcal
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 New York Steak strip steaks (Porterhouse steaks)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces (250 g) shrimp deveined, tails on or off
Mix together butter, garlic and fresh chopped parsley. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat a large grill over high heat. Lightly grease grill plates with oil. Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Brush lightly with oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
Grill steaks for 4-5 minutes each side until browned and cooked to desired doneness. Spread half of the butter all over of steaks. Transfer steaks to a warm plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
While steaks are resting, melt remaining butter. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium and grill your shrimp for 5-6 minutes, depending not the size and thickness of your shrimp. Flip each one halfway through cook time and continue cooking until they turn nice and pink in colour while white and opaque on the inside.
For steaks, you can use Strip, Sirloin, Rib eye, T-bone, Eye fillet, Scotch fillet or Porterhouse steaks.
Tail on or off shrimp are fine. If grilling frozen shrimp, thaw first and pat dry with paper towel before grilling.
Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp
Amount Per Serving
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Cholesterol 325mg 108%
Sodium 572mg 24%
Potassium 873mg 25%
Total Carbohydrates 1g 0%
Protein 64g 128%
Vitamin A 12.2%
Vitamin C 5.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.