Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
A light and fresh tabbouleh salad with quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers and loads of fresh parsley and mint in a bright lemon dressing.
- 2 cups water (or broth)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has all been absorbed, about 15 minutes, before letting it sit, covered, for 5 minutes, and then letting it cool to room temperature.
- Mix the quinoa, tomato, cucumber, parsley, mint and green onion.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss with salad.
Option: Make a pomegranate salad dressing with 6 tablespoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 clove garlic (minced or grated), and salt and pepper to taste. This makes 1 cup and you only need about 1/4 cup for the salad.