One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken & Rice – Buttery chicken and lemon herb rice all fixed in 30 minutes in one pot!
This is an ankle socks moment.
Trust me, it’s not what you think.
I grew up in the nineties so if you can remember back that far (woah) you might recall those long socks we used to wear all the time reaching anywhere from two to five inches above your shoes. I was fairly young and easily influenced when the ankle sock movement began but my 8 (yes eight) older siblings were not so easily swayed. When I finally gave into peer pressure and tried on my first pair of ankle socks…. revolutionary.
I experienced a similar awe with my first pair of skinny jeans. It’s that where have you been all my life feeling.
This is an ankle sock moment. Where have you been all my life one pot dishes?? Why has everyone else in the world known how wonderful they were while I avoided them?
I have no good answers for those questions. But it doesn’t really matter one way or the other – one pot dishes are here to stay on this blog. Do you mind?
Try this one out and I guarantee you won’t mind one bit!
One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken & Rice
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: Italian / American
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2¼ cups chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or pan (one that has a lid). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and Italian seasoning. Brown chicken in the butter for 1-2 minutes on each side. (Chicken shouldn’t be cooked through at this point) Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add rice, chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining Italian seasoning to the pan (no need to clean it first). Place chicken on top, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes until liquid is dissolved.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro if desired and lemon wedges for squeezing. Serve immediately.