This Sweet Dinner Rolls recipe will quickly become a family favorite. This easy dinner rolls recipe is made with Rapid Rise® Yeast, and topped with glorious melted honey butter. These sweet dinner rolls are better than any restaurant!
This post is sponsored on behalf of Fleischmann’s® Yeast to create this recipe. I only partner with brands that I use in my kitchen. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Today, I used the Beginner Dinner Rolls recipe from my friends over at Fleischmann’s® Yeast which is such a great dinner roll recipe that I only adapted it slightly! Baking dinner rolls from scratch is easier than you’d think, especially when you use Rapid Rise® Yeast. Baking fresh bread started as a holiday tradition in my house, but has quickly become something we enjoy to do even on weeknights. There is really nothing better than a warm sweet dinner roll, right out of the oven and topped with honey butter!
MY OTHER RECIPES
AND I’ve used honey right in the dough, as well as on top to really amp up the sweetness factor! A Sweet Honey Dinner Roll right out of the oven is tough to beat.
Baking with yeast is easier than you think!
If you have a mixer with attachments this recipe is EXTRA easy! You start the process with the paddle attachment to combine the ingredients, and then finish it up with the dough hook!
If you don’t have a dough hook attachment on your mixer, it’s no problem at all! You can knead the dough by hand and achieve the same results!
Rapid Rise® Yeast is a HUGE time saver! The dough only takes about 30 minutes in a warm place to rise. You want your rolls to double in size before baking them. You could even form the rolls into balls and let the dough slow rise overnight in the refrigerator if you are trying to prep ahead!
Once the rolls have doubled in size just bake them in the oven at 375°F. Your house will smell glorious, I kid you not!
And like I said I used honey in the dinner rolls to give them a subtle sweetness, but the magic really happens when you spread melted honey butter on top of your sweet dinner rolls.
These sweet dinner rolls are best served warm. They are fluffy and chewy, exactly how you want a dinner roll recipe to be.
This Sweet Dinner Roll Recipe shouldn’t be saved for special occasions. Once you make them, you’ll see how easy baking with yeast can be!
Sweet Dinner Rolls deserve a place on your holiday (and everyday) family table!
Sweet and easy yeast dinner rolls are a family favorite!
2 1/4 – 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1% or skim)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Combine 1 cup flour, dry yeast and salt in bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and stir until blended. Combine milk, water, butter, and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120°F – 130°F). Add to flour mixture.
- Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in 1/2 cup more flour mix for 2 more minutes on high speed. Stir in just enough of the remaining flour (3/4 to 1 cup) so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Replace the paddle attachment for the dough hook attachment and mix on medium speed for 6-8 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers. Alternately you can do this step by hand, kneading the dough on a lightly floured surface for 6-8 minutes. Cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into balls using your hands. Place in greased 8-inch round or square pan. Cover the rolls with a towel and let them rise in a warm place, until they’re doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls in preheated 375ºF oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the topping combine the butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds until butter is melted. Mix together and brush the melted honey butter on warm rolls.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight for up to 2 days. Best served warm.
Keywords: dinner rolls, recipe, easy, yeast, yeast rolls, rapid rise yeast, honey butter, sweet rolls