Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
All of the flavours of Philly cheesesteaks in a quick and easy sloppy joe form! Yum!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 table spoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 1/2 cup cheese whiz or 4 ounce provolone cheese (deli slices or shredded)
- 4 buns
- Cook the beef, onions and peppers in a skillet over medium-high heat breaking the beef up as you cook it, optionally draining any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the mixture of the corn starch and broth, followed by the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and cook until the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the whiz and cook until it melt of place the provolone on top, place under the broiler until it has melted and mix it into the meat.
- Divide the filling between the buns and enjoy!
Option: Add Diced mushrooms o your favourite cheesesteak fillings!