This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is smooth, creamy and comes together with just a few ingredients! Top it with caramel sauce, extra chocolate or fresh fruit and berries.
When I think about how long it’s been since I shared a cheesecake recipe, I get a little sad.
I used to feel like the cheesecake master (and I wouldn’t say I’ve lost any of my skills 😉 ) but with my focus slowly turning to the family dinner table, I find myself making dessert less and less.
Except, I mean, just to eat alone by myself after the kids go to bed 😉
This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is rounding out my cheesecake collection here nicely, filling in the gaps between this No Bake Lemon Cheesecake, No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake and No Bake S’mores Cheesecake perfectly.
And however you choose to top it, it’s going to be a show stopper.
Tips for making this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake:
- I like to keep my no bake cheesecake recipes as simple as possible, which means I am beating everything together, and not beating the cream separately. I have never had a single issue with this, but you have to follow the rules (this time). Your cream needs to be cold, your cream cheese needs to be room temperature. You need to use heavy whipping cream (30% or more) and to continue whipping until stiff peaks form — don’t give up if it takes a few minutes! Be patient here.
- You need to give it time to chill. A significant amount of time. If you’re serving this with dinner, you might want to prepare it in the morning so it can chill all day. You can also make it the day ahead and let it chill for up to 24 hours. You don’t want to let it sit much more than 24 hours because the crust can start to get a little soggy.
- Use a chocolate you enjoy eating. If that’s dark chocolate, use dark. If it’s milk chocolate, use that. You can even get crazy and use white chocolate! The choice is yours.
Variations on this Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Turtle: top with caramel sauce, toasted pecans and chocolate shavings
- Black forest: top with cherry pie filling and whipped cream
- Fresh fruit: load it up with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and more
- Triple chocolate: serve it with a chocolate whipped cream and chocolate sauce or shavings
What if I’m looking for a baked Chocolate Cheesecake?
You can find my recipe for the best Chocolate Cheesecake here — it is smooth and silky and not dense and heavy like a lot of baked cheesecakes!
Craving more cheesecake recipes?
Find my list of favorite No Bake Cheesecake recipes here — so many to explore and indulge in!
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is smooth, creamy and comes together with just a few ingredients! Top it with caramel sauce, extra chocolate or fresh fruit and berries. #cheesecake #chocolate #dessert #recipe #dessertrecipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Chilling time 6 hours
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 12 slices
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 300 grams Oreo cookies with filling (1 regular pack, 25 cookies)
- 200 grams good quality chocolate (2 100g bars)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream divided, cold
- 750 grams cream cheese (24 oz, 3 packages), room temperature
- 255 grams powdered sugar (2 cups)
In a food processor, process the butter and cookies until cookies are fine crumbs and the mixture starts to stick together.
Place a piece of parchment paper in between the bottom and the rim of a 9″ springform pan (optional — just helps to remove the cheesecake later).
Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and about 1/2″ up the sides. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and 1/2 cup cream. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals on high, stirring well each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and melted chocolate, and beat on low speed until combined.
Add the remaining 1 cup cream. Beat on low until incorporated, then beat on high for 3-5 minutes, until thickened and fluffy (you are essentially whipping the cream, so it takes time!).
Spread into the prepared crust, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice and serve with whipped cream or as desired.
*An 8″ springform pan will work just fine — you will just have a taller cheesecake.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45g 69%
Saturated Fat 25g 125%
Cholesterol 117mg 39%
Sodium 355mg 15%
Potassium 210mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 52g 17%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 27.3%
Vitamin C 0.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.