This Pesto Bruschetta Chicken is a healthy chicken dinner with mozzarella, tomatoes, pesto, and a balsamic drizzle.
If you love a good Italian dinner, you’ll love this Pesto Bruschetta Chicken that takes 20 minutes to make.
PESTO BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
My son had a birthday and I’ve been eating Costco cake for the last four days. I can’t stop. It’s just to fluffy and fabulous. Last night I told myself it had to stop so I made a healthy dinner, this Pesto Bruschetta Chicken, and then ate Costco cake.
Actually we had a cake fight. We had already been eating cake every night for dinner so last night I told everyone to take their slices out in the backyard and gently shoved a piece in my oldest son’s face. It was all a blur but I definitely came out with the most cake all over my body and in my hair.
I already have this Bruschetta Pesto Chicken Casserole on the blog but this version requires no oven and takes less than 20 minutes on the stove top.
The combination of flavors in this Pesto Bruschetta Chicken is fresh and vibrant. The pesto, fresh tomato, garlic, and balsamic glaze taste like a flavor explosion in your mouth.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PESTO BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN SUCCESSFULLY
- First, make sure your chicken breasts aren’t too thick. You can either pound your chicken breasts thin or if your chicken breast is really thick you can slice it lengthwise.
- You can definitely make your own pesto but if you don’t have time there is plenty of good quality store bought pesto out there.
- A balsamic glaze is a thicker and reduced version of balsamic vinegar. It’s more potent than balsamic vinegar but if you don’t have any balsamic glaze you can also just drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
If you love this Pesto Bruschetta Chicken, you’ll love these Italian chicken recipes:
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more if needed)
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (see Note)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- balsamic glaze
- (optional) shredded Parmesan
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, and salt. Let chill in the fridge.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts about 4-6 minutes per side until done. Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast and cover to melt the cheese.
Add a 1/2 tablespoon of basil pesto on top of each slice of cheese and add the tomato mixture on top. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with Parmesan.
The chicken breasts should be thin. If they are thick (like the Costco frozen chicken breasts) slice them in half lengthwise. For this recipe, I use two Costco chicken breasts halved.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 359 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 126mg Sodium: 514mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 45g