These easy glazed Crock Pot Pork Chops are slow cooker in a mixture of apple juice, brown sugar, garlic, onions and seasonings and are fall apart tender! Great with mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Dump and go!
Here we are, friends — the second pork chop recipe on The Recipe Rebel!
The first? These Instant Pot Pork Chops with Bacon Apple Glaze. <— so, so good.
For some reason, I don’t think to make pork chops a lot.
I guess because they can become overcooked and dry so quickly, and I find myself sticking to easier to cook or juicier meats.
But I’ve found that from the Instant Pot and the slow cooker, we can get tender, juicy pork chops, with a ton of flavor with very little prep time.
Should you brown pork chops before adding to the crockpot?
When I was dreaming up this recipe, I was really torn on whether or not to sear the pork chops first, or just throw them in.
Searing the pork chops beforehand adds a ton of flavor and I find you get less fat in the glaze as it cooks.
But honestly? I have a toddler who knows when I’m ignoring her to cook dinner (whatever time of day) and throws a fit.
It kind of blows my mind because she is the sweetest, happiest kid most of the time (we all have our moments), but I try to get something done in the kitchen and it’s like she just can’t handle it.
Dinner prep time? Not a lot.
If you want, you can definitely throw your pork chops in the slow cooker without searing. I won’t judge! But I think for best results, searing crock pot pork chops is always a good idea. Even if you do it one-handed with a toddler on your hip! 😉
How to make Crock Pot Pork Chops:
- Sear the pork chops for 1-2 minutes on each side over high heat — you can skip this part, but it will give you the best results. Just don’t cook too long!
- Add the pork chops to the crockpot.
- Stir together the glaze, and pour over the pork chops.
- Slow cooker until fall apart tender!
- Serve with some mashed potatoes, rice or bread to soak up that tasty sauce!
Variations on these slow cooker pork chops:
Here are a few different ways to make these:
- Stir in some barbecue sauce to the sauce before serving for a sweet and smoky twist.
- Add in some browned bacon and onions if you’re planning to sear the pork chops before adding to the crockpot.
- Throw some cubed potatoes — gasp — right in the slow cooker with the pork chops! Keep in mind that potatoes can take some time to cook so you want to cut them down into cubes.
- Skip the apple juice and stir in some ranch dressing to the sauce before serving (I’m not a ranch dressing person, butI hear lots of people love this combo 😉 )
What to serve with these Crock Pot Pork Chops:
The great thing about these glazed pork chops is that they really go well with so many things! Simple buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes, or even a side salad if you’re trying to get in extra veggies.
These are some of our favorite side dishes to serve with these Crock Pot Pork Chops:
Looking for more great pork recipes?
Glazed Crock Pot Pork Chops
These easy glazed Crock Pot Pork Chops are slow cooker in a mixture of apple juice, broth, onions and seasonings and are fall apart tender! Great with mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Dump and go!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 10 minutes
Servings 6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sear pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side, just until lightly browned.
Slice onion and lay in the bottom of a 2.5-4 quart crockpot.
Combine apple juice, sugar, vinegar, corn starch, garlic, thyme, mustard, paprika, and pepper with a whisk until combined. Pour over pork chops.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours until tender. Use additional corn starch and water slurry to thicken glaze if desired and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
Glazed Crock Pot Pork Chops
Amount Per Serving
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 88mg 29%
Sodium 70mg 3%
Potassium 584mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Protein 30g 60%
Vitamin A 0.8%
Vitamin C 2.3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.