These carrot cake bites are chewy, cinnamony, cake-bally, and just the right amount of sweet. They are flecked with coconut and oats and made creamy with almond butter. The carrots are there, but they’re not excessively salady – they just add some specks of color, flavor, and texture to an almost-cookie-dough-like bite of joy that lives in a little jar in your fridge, waiting for that 3pm moment to make your day a little brighter.
Breakfast bites, snack-with-coffee bites, desserty bites… with these little gems, all of it is fair game.
I mean, the thing about real carrot cake is that you want it, and you want it loaded with cream cheese frosting. Lots of cream cheese frosting. And then you finally have it and it is, in fact, so so good. But then you spike, crash, and can’t shake the feeling that you need to go to the dentist immediately? I don’t know, maybe that’s just me.
Guess what is there for you in a more wholesome, sustaining, but still tastes like yummy carrot cake way?
THESE BITES. These raw, vegan, delicious carrot cake bites.
How to Make Carrot Cake Bites That Are Vegan and Raw and Delicious
First up: carrots. Just pop in the food processor and go. I seriously hate grating carrots so I will not ask you to do any of that.
Next up: clean out the carrots and pulse up your oats and coconut, so it’s kind of like a flour.
And now: everybody in.
Finally: white chocolate chips for the people who like to be extra.
If you’re vegan or want to keep it totally clean, go for some chunky nuts, cacao nibs, or vegan chips instead.
Roll, refrigerate, and done.
Yep, I’d say the spring snacking season is off to an excellent start. Carrot cake bites for all!
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Bites that are chewy, cinnamony, cake-bally, and just the right amount of sweet. Perfect on-the-go snack for spring!
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- white chocolate chips (optional)
- Add carrot chunks to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. (You should have a generous 1/2 cup.)
- Remove carrots and set aside. Add oats and coconut. Pulse until coarsely ground.
- Add all other ingredients, including the chopped carrots. Pulse until a smooth-ish, sticky “dough” forms. (You might have to push it down with a spatula a few times to help it along.)
- Add white chocolate chips and pulse until chopped.
- Roll into balls. Store in the fridge or freezer. Mwah! This week is looking good.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Mix and Roll
- Cuisine: American