Chicken Mole Enchiladas
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:15 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Servings: 4
Chicken enchiladas drenched in a spicy, tasty mole sauce with hints of chocolate covered in melted cheese.
- 2 cups mole sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, sliced or diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Mix 1 cup of mole sauce with the chicken, onion and cilantro in a large sauce pan and heat until warm.
- Wrap (or fold) the chicken mole in the tortillas, place in a baking dish, pour on the remaining mole sauce and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese is melted, bubbling and lightly golden brown.
Option: It’s easier to fold the chicken mole mixture, quesadilla like, rather than rolling them up!
Option: Use chipotle and ancho cocoa enchilada sauce instead of mole sauce.
Tip: To help prevent your corn tortillas from cracking you can warm them in a pan.