Let me entice you with the best shrimp salad rolls today!
Apparently, I’m in a mood for super summer food this week. Very much so.
I’m totally thinking you should pair this shrimp salad roll with Monday’s pimento cheese pasta salad and call it a night.
OR I wish I could throw us all a party where we could enjoy these bites!
It’s funny, because right now I’m in Nantucket eating all the lobster rolls BUT… it’s a coincidence that I’m sharing said shrimp salad roll while I’m in Nantucket. We first made these back in April when I started testing summer recipes and trying to find the BEST eats to share with you guys.
And even though I came into a weird shrimp aversion when I was pregnant with Max, I couldn’t stop thinking about shrimp salad stuffed in a buttery brioche bun this season. It seemed so easy and so, so delicious.
And I was right!
Okay so here’s the thing. I live for a lobster roll – that’s no secret. It has to be fantastic and I definitely prefer butter soaked lobster rolls over mayo based ones. I’ll always choose the butter first. But, I still like mayo-based ones if that’s my only option, you know? It depends on the menu and the place, but some are done so obviously well that they melt in your mouth.
I’ve never ordered a shrimp salad roll anywhere, but I’ve always loved the idea of making them at home because, at least for us here in PA, it’s so much more accessible than making a lobster roll. And easier. And quicker!
Plus, it just tastes like summer. It’s a cool, no-cook dinner option for a super hot day, whether you’ve been outside working in the sun, sitting at the pool, you’re on vacation or just having a super busy week.
That’s one of the things that I LOVE about this recipe. It’s an essential summer treat, but one that you can throw together so fast – even if you end up with unexpected company. Throw some super crunchy kettle cooked potato chips on the side and serve with ice cold beer or white wine.
Such a lovely meal, right? It’s dreamy, one where just thinking about it sets a summer scene in my mind.
I think you can tell I’m hooked.
Shrimp Salad Rolls
Summer Shrimp Salad Rolls
These shrimp salad rolls are my go-to simple, easy, no-cook dinner for hot summer day. Serve with pickles, potato chips and a spritz of lemon!
- 1 pound cooked, peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp, (cold)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- ¼ lemon, (juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 4 to 6 brioche buns
- Lemon wedges, (for spritzing)
- Bibb lettuce leaves, (for serving)
- Potato chips, (to serve on the side)
- Pickles, (to serve on the side)
- Make sure the shrimp is cooked but cold, then pat it dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, greek yogurt, dill, chives, mustard, relish, pickle juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper and scallions. Add in the shrimp and toss it thoroughly in the mixture. Taste the mixture and season it with more salt and pepper if you’d like!
- Open the brioche buns and layer a slice of bibb lettuce in each. Fill each with the shrimp salad – as much as you wish! Sprinkle with extra fresh dill if you wish and serve with a lemon wedge for spritzing. Serve with potato chips and pickles!
I won’t hate it if you stuff some potato chips inside the sandwich.