Cucumber Avocado Salad made with crisp cucumbers, creamy avocado, mint, cilantro, red onion, peanuts and simple rice wine vinegar dressing is so refreshing and the perfect side dish to any meal.
Fresh Cucumber Avocado Salad
During the hot summer months I am all about fresh and simple recipes that don’t require much effort or any heat. I try to avoid the stove and oven as much as possible, unless I am baking cookies, then heating up the house is totally worth it:) BUT my favorite summer recipes are basically no cook recipes. I love recipes that require just a little prep and taste amazing.
This Cucumber Avocado Salad is one of my all-time favorites! It only takes 10 minutes to make and is so fresh and delicious! I seriously could eat this simple cucumber salad every single day. The flavors are incredible!
Cucumber Avocado Salad Tips
- I like to use seedless cucumbers for this cucumber salad. English, Persian, and Hothouse cucumbers are all good options. If your garden is overflowing with cucumbers, for sure use them to make this salad! Really any cucumber will work, just use your favorite.
- Do you need to peel the cucumbers? That is really up to you. I don’t because I don’t mind the skin, but if the skin bugs you, you can peel the cucumbers.
- Use ripe avocados and cut into cubes. If you are going to wait to serve the salad, wait to add the avocados so they don’t turn brown.
- Use fresh mint and cilantro, the fresh herbs add a ton of flavor to the salad.
- Use thinly sliced red onion for a pop of color.
- The dressing is easy to make. Whisk together olive oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and honey.
- The chopped salted peanuts add a nice crunch to the salad, don’t skip them…unless you are allergic and then you can use almonds or cashews.
- The Thai chilis are optional. They add some nice heat, but if you don’t like spice, leave them out.
- Make sure you stir the salad gently so you don’t smash the avocado. If it breaks up a little, that is ok!
- This cucumber avocado salad is best the day it is made.
Easy Summer Salad
You can serve this cucumber avocado salad with any summer meal. It is a great side dish to take to potlucks, picnics, pool parties, or just make for an easy weeknight dinner. The flavors will WOW you! The cucumbers are cool and crisp and go together perfectly with the creamy avocados. The tangy vinegar dressing adds the perfect amount of zing and the fresh herbs make the salad pop. And let’s not forget about the crunchy, salty peanuts with the heat from the Thai chilis. Oh yes, this salad is perfect in every way! I guarantee you are going to love this one!
More Easy Salad Recipes:
peeled, pitted, and cubed
chopped fresh mint
chopped fresh cilantro
rice wine vinegar
roughly chopped salted peanuts
Thai chili pepper
thinly sliced, if desired
Salt and black pepper,
In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cucumbers, avocados, mint, cilantro, and red onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and honey. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated.
Top with chopped peanuts, Thai chili pepper slices, if using, and season with salt and blac pepper. Serve.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
Amount Per Serving (6 g)
Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
avocado salad, cucumber salad