Oh hi, I’m just eating this strawberry quinoa salad by the bowlful. Every day.
If you need a quick and easy dish to throw together for the 4th of July, I’m HERE for you!
This is flavorful, sweet and seasonal to the point where you’ll find yourself craving it in December. It’s great for lunch but fantastic for a cookout too! You may find yourself eating the leftovers straight out of the fridge, FYI.
If you couldn’t already tell, right now I’m super into cold salads that can made and enjoyed casually. Like, even if they are a bit trashed up (hello), they still last a day or so in the fridge and they aren’t overwhelmingly high-maintenance.
At least I don’t think they are high-maintenance.
This salad, much like my slow roasted tomato farro salad, is one where you can swap the grain for whatever you love the most. Or whatever you have in your pantry! You could even use something like jasmine rice or orzo, depending on what’s available to you.
It alll works.
Here’s how this deliciousness goes down:
The quinoa gets tossed in a lovely little lemon vinaigrette. You could even make the quinoa ahead of time (like the night before, store it in the fridge!) and then this dish will come together real quick.
After the lemon vinaigrette, you want to add super sweet strawberries, lots of black pepper, lemon zest, tons of herbs (we’re talking basil, mint, parsley, etc) and then…
And then. Pull apart an entire ball of burrata cheese and place it in the salad, so every bite gets a cheesy bit.
Add on some chopped pistachios for that crunch we all love so much. That crunch we all NEED.
Not really die, but die of happiness because it’s just such a fabulous flavor combination. It’s so fresh. It’s very light. And at the same time, the quinoa and the burrata make is satisfying and filling enough for a lunch dish.
I LOVE IT.
Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Burrata
Strawberry Burrata Quinoa Salad
This strawberry quinoa salad is loaded with fresh herbs, burrata cheese and chopped pistachios. Topped with a lemon dressing, it’s heavenly!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups strawberries, (hulled and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, (like parsley, chives, etc)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios ((I like roasted +salted pistachios))
honey lemon vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, ( minced)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions (it’s usually 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups liquid, simmering for about 15 minuteand let it cool.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, toss it with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the lemon dressing. You can do this based on your preference – add more if you want, or add it on after you make the entire salad!
- Stir in the strawberries, some of the fresh herbs, the lemon zest, a few cracks of black pepper and the burrata cheese. Stir in any remaining herbs and add on more dressing if you wish. Toss on the chopped pistachios.
- Taste and season the salad with salt and pepper as needed. If needed, you can add more dressing, or serve the salad as is with the dressing on the side so people can use it themselves.
- This stores great in the fridge for a day or so, but if making it for a party, I’d assemble the salad right before leaving so the berries are fresh!
honey lemon vinaigrette
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Drizzle it over the quinoa and use any extras for serving.
I can smell those berries from here!