No joke, I rolled into the farmers market this weekend for 2 things (neither of which were corn) and then proceeded to walk out with 12 ears of corn. So get ready for some corn recipes… they are coming in HOT. First up Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad!
We’ve got a lot of summer salads here on WGC so I know you’re busy – but do me a favor and make this Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad before the stone fruit and corn season is over. It’s the perfect combo of flavors. It’s got a little bit of Southwestern / Mexican flare with the chili powder and cotija, but a bright zip from the lemon and herbs and then pops of flavor from the corn and stone fruit. It’s truly one of the best salads for the season.
Andddddd…. it would be perfectly with steak, chicken or fish. Serve it as a salad, a side or on top of the protein. Couple of hot tips… you can use any kind of stone fruit that’s available, just make sure it’s ripe! And if you can’t find cotija, feta is a great substitute!
Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad on repeat for the rest of summer!
Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon juiced, about 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 nectarines or peaches, sliced into ½”-thick wedges
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled (about ½ cup – or fresh feta)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Brush corn with 1 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle with chili powder. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in spots, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool, then cut kernels from cobs.
- Whisk with lemon juice, ¼ cup oil and spices in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add corn kernels, stone fruit, shallot, basil and cheese and toss to combine. Serve family style.