Sweet and salty lovers will rejoice over these addictive, irresistible Potato Chip Toffee Cookies! A buttery, soft and chewy cookie stuffed with salty, crunchy potato chips and sweet toffee bits.
I did a thing.
A kind of major thing!
I put potato chips inside of cookies and it was magical.
I did this before a long time ago but figured it needed a serious update back from the Dark Ages and into the present day. I am so glad I brought it back because I know you’re going to LUUUURVE them!
I may be biased, but I think they’re the perfect transition-into-fall-baking food besides the pumpkin cake I posted on Monday. I mean, who doesn’t love the combination of sweet and salty?
Not only do these cookies possess that irresistible sweet and salty bomb flavor combination, they also have a variety of textures that make these cookies extra special and appealing. The cookie base itself is from my Best Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, so it’s super soft and chewy with slightly crisp outer edges. If that wasn’t enough, I added in crunchy toffee bits and crispy potato chips for added crunch factor. Contrasted with the soft and chewy cookie and the crunchy mix-ins, these are truly one-of-a-kind and totally amazing!
I handed these out to my neighbors and received RAVE reviews! I am going to go out on a limb and venture to say most people probably haven’t put potato chips inside their cookies before, so this concept is sure to blow your friends and family away! Potato chips add just the perfect, light and crispy crunch to a cookie and they’re one of my favorite easy mix-ins!
Now all that’s missing is a cold glass of milk! You’ll thank me later!
Potato Chip Toffee Cookies
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Cookies
These Potato Chip Toffee Cookies are absolutely heavenly! Sweet, salty, soft and chewy with crispy chips and crunchy toffee bits in every bite. Your friends and family are going to flip for these unique cookies!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- 1 cup potato chips (I used Ruffles but Lay’s will work!)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy and smooth, about 30 seconds. Add in the egg, followed by the egg yolk, and the vanilla, beating well after each addition. Lastly, add in the baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and flour and mix lightly until a cookie dough comes together. Stir in the toffee bits and potato chips, gently breaking the potato chips apart with the paddle attachment.
- Cover and chill the dough for at LEAST 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls of cookie dough 2″ apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cool completely on the baking sheets before serving.
Buttery, sweet, salty perfection! I hope you guys enjoy these cookies as much as I did!
Have a super sweet day!