Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza – the perfect late summer pizza that’s 100% PACKED with flavor.
It’s back to school season and while I don’t have kids myself, I remember back in the day when I was a private chef how crazy the days became once school started. Dinner was earlier and needed to be FAST because the kids would come home from after school activities and be starving.
If I’m being honest, it’s not a far cry from what life is like now, and same goes when I was a kid. I remember coming home from tennis, throwing my stuff in the laundry room on my way into the house, slamming myself down at the dinner table and declaring…. I’M STARVING.
So, in honor of that, we’re breaking out a super easy late summer Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza recipe that everyone will love.
It’s loaded with basil vinaigrette, melted cheese, fresh corn and some cherry tomatoes. It’s easy to make, it’s vegetarian and it’s freaking delish.
Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella, torn
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup corn, sliced from the cob
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, use a spoon to spread the basil vinaigrette around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust. Lay the halved cherry tomatoes on top of the basil.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each pizza with equal amounts of the mozzarella, shredded cheese and corn. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed, top with fresh basil slice and serve