- 1 Sara Lee Angel Food Cake OR 1 prepared Angel Food cake (we bought ours in a grocery bakery)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- If using Sara Lee Angel food cake, thaw cake completely before using!
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet. Watch heat closely. You don’t want oil to get too hot.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and place on large plate or bowl. Cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes. Fry until barely golden-brown. Place fried churro bites onto a paper-towel lined plate to soak grease. Carefully (they’ll be hot!) toss in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Serve warm and enjoy with chocolate sauce, if desired.
This photo is copyright protected