- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 Bag Large Marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Candy Melts (Pink, Orange, Blue and Vibrant Green)
- Candy Eyes (Small, Medium and Large)
- Cooking Oil
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat until melted.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined with the butter.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and the Rice Krispies. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray gently press down until the pan is evenly coated.
- Allow to cool until firm.
- Melt approximately 1 cup of candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then continue microwaving at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Add approximately ½ teaspoon to 2 teaspoons cooking oil (the more you add the smoother the finish, but go slowly) to the melted candy melts and stir to combine.
- Dip the Rice Krispie Treats in the candy melts and set on parchment paper.
- Gently press the candy eyes into the candy melt coating to create your monster faces. Gently push the eyes slightly up towards the top of the monster’s “head” to create upper eye lids.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for approximately 40 minutes or until candy melts have completely hardened.
This photo is copyright protected