- 2 lbs pastured ground pork
- 3 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon solid cooking fat
- Place the ground pork in a large mixing bowl and break into chunks with a wooden spoon. Drizzle the ground pork evenly with maple syrup, and then sprinkle with the sage, salt, and garlic powder.
- Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined and form into eight patties and set aside.
- Heat the solid cooking fat in the bottom of a cast-iron skillet or frying pan on medium heat. When the fat is melted and the pan is hot, add patties, cook 10 minutes a side, or until thoroughly cooked. You may have to do this in two batches. Alternately, you can bake them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until they are cooked throughout.
This photo is copyright protected