- 2/3 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix*
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13″ glass baking dish with coconut oil, lay a piece of parchment paper down and then grease that.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and baking soda. Whisk in half of the melted coconut oil until smooth, then whisk in the hot water until smooth and thick.
- Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, salt & eggs until smooth, then the remaining coconut oil.
- *When you measure the flour mix, please stir it up well before scooping, or use a spoon to spoon it into your measuring cups so it’s not overpacked. I use Namaste Perfect All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend because I love it and it’s readily available at Costco and Amazon.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top of the batter in the bowl and then 1 cup of the chocolate chips on top of that. Use a fork or spatula to gently mix in the flour, just until the flour is mixed in.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- (Start checking them at 30 minutes, and then every few minutes until they are just set and the brownies start to pull away from the edges of the pan. Don’t overbake these. They will finish off baking in the pan as they cool on the counter!)
- Let cool completely before cutting for prettiest results (if you can wait that long!).
This photo is copyright protected