These Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars are out of this world delicious and SO easy to make with ZERO chill time for deep-dish style chocolate chip M&M cookie-style bars!
Two Valentine’s recipes in a row!? It’s because I majorly heart you – and all things red, pink and hearts!
Sometimes I have certain recipes where I wonder if people even care about the recipe because it is so simple. I wonder if you guys think I’m trying to pull a fast one on ya with another variation of the same recipe, or if you think I think you’re dumb. (Phew, thanks anxiety!!) But then I look at these Valentine’s cookie bars and realize I don’t care about all that trivial nonsense because they’re adorable and I love them… and I think you will, too. (And no, you’re not dumb). 🙂
I made these same bars awhile back for Halloween and they got a LOT of attention on Instagram and Pinterest from you guys. People loved how easy they were to whip up, how there’s zero chilling required yet they taste like a deep-dish chocolate chip cookie with festive colorful M&M’s in each bite. I loved that you loved them so much, so I’m bringing them back in pinks and reds with this Valentine’s version!
What I love about this recipe is that it tastes like a super thick and chewy deep-dish chocolate chip cookie but each bite is studded with delicious, chocolaty M&M’s! I also added some Valentine’s heart sprinkles for added cuteness and crunch. I also love that this recipe is completely customizable to your preferences: use white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet, or try using peanut butter M&M’s instead of regular. You could also add chopped walnuts, dried cranberries – seriously, the list goes on and on and is only limited to your imagination.
As it stands though, these are perfectly chocolaty without being too overpowering, and they have a great texture – insanely soft, chewy and thick with a buttery flavor and crunchy candies swirled throughout. Plus, they’re easily the cutest cookie bars I’ve ever laid eyes on – talk about heart eyes!
As a result, these Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars are going to be your new favorite, I promise! Will you be mine, cookie bars?!
Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Bars
These Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars are extra delicious with seasonal chocolaty M&M’s candies and heart sprinkles for Valentine’s Day! Ultra soft, thick and chewy, they taste like deep-dish chocolate chip cookies without all the hassle or chill time!
- 12 Tablespoons (1 & ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Valentine’s M&M’s candies, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Valentine’s heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 rectangular baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar with the paddle attachment until creamy and pale yellow, about 1 minute. Add in the egg, followed by the egg yolk and vanilla, beating well after each addition. Lastly, add in the baking soda, cornstarch, salt and flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips, M&M’s and sprinkles by hand until combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking sheet. If desired, press in some more Valentine’s M&M’s into the top of the dough so they are more visible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookie bars are light golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Super soft, thick and chewy, these bars are seriously amazing!
Want more easy bar recipes? Check these out!
Have a super sweet day!