This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is rich and creamy, full of the best flavors, and extra-easy to make in the crockpot.
With the Super Bowl just away — and even better, with my home team playing in the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years (go Chiefs!!) — it seemed like the right time to bump this one back to the top of the blog.
Friends, meet my favorite easy spinach artichoke dip recipe. ♡♡♡
I’ve made this spin dip probably about a million times by now — sometimes using this crockpot version, sometimes just simmering everything together on the stovetop, sometimes sprinkling extra shredded cheese on top and baking the dip until it’s extra hot and bubbly in the oven. And every single time, I’m telling you, this dip is a total winner.
That said, I probably most often turn to this crockpot spinach artichoke dip recipe because it’s the easiest of them all. Literally just toss everything together in a slow cooker, cook until the cheeses are completely melted, give everything a good stir, then grab your favorite dippers and dive on in. It’s the perfect easy breezy dip recipe for entertaining. It’s delicious with all kinds of dippers (chips, bread, pretzels, veggie sticks — you name it). And it’s pretty much guaranteed to be the hit of any party.
Alright, let’s do this!
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe | 1-Minute Video
Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients:
To make this hot Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Spinach: I used one (10-ounce) bag of fresh baby spinach for this dip, but you could also thaw and drain a package of frozen spinach instead if you’d like!
- Artichoke hearts: One jar, drained and roughly-chopped.
- Cream cheese: I typically use a brick of low-fat cream cheese, but full-fat of course works too!
- Sour cream (or Greek yogurt): Whichever you prefer.
- Cheese: Both some shredded Mozzarella and freshly-grated Parmesan.
- Onion: Either finely-chopped red or white onion.
- Garlic: Minced or pressed.
- Salt and pepper: As always, for seasoning. ?
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip:
To make this easy spinach and artichoke dip recipe, simply…
- Combine all ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a slow-cooker (I used my small 3-quart crockpot) and toss briefly to combine.
- Slow cook. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour, until the cheese is completely melted. (That said, slow cookers can vary significantly with heat levels, so I recommend checking on it every 30 minutes to be sure that it does not overcook.)
- Stir and season. Give the spinach artichoke dip a good stir to combine. Then taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm. With whatever dippers you prefer!
If you would like to customize this spinach artichoke dip recipe, feel free to…
- Add a protein: Stir in 1-2 cups of cooked protein once the dip has cooked, such as chicken, steak/beef, shrimp or crab.
- Add Dijon: Add 1-2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard to this dip for extra flavors.
- Make it spicy: Add in a few shakes of hot sauce of a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes if you would like to add some heat.
- Use a different cheese: Substitute your favorite shredded cheese in place of Mozzarella.
- Use kale: Substitute chopped fresh kale (tough stems removed) in place of the chopped spinach.
More Favorite Dip Recipes:
Looking for more classic dip recipes? Here are a few of my favorites from our dip archives…
This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is rich and creamy, full of great flavors, and extra-easy to make in the crockpot!
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (13-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) brick low-fat cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped white or red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Combine all ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a small slow-cooker and toss briefly to combine.
- Slow cook. Cover and cook* on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Stir and season. Stir the dip until evenly combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve. Serve warm, accompanied with whatever dippers you prefer.
*Cook time: Because slow cookers can vary significantly with temperature levels, I recommend checking the dip every 30 minutes or so to be sure that it does not accidentally overcook. Once the cheese is melted and slightly bubbly, it will be ready to go!