My Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe is the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert and it only requires 5 ingredients! It’s dense, rich, packed with chocolate flavor, with a crunchy, sweet meringue top.
If you love chocolate cake but are craving something more classic, make sure to try my Perfect Chocolate Cake Recipe! It’s the best!
Flourless Chocolate Cake Is A Chocolate Lovers Dream!
Calling all chocoholics! This is a recipe for you. Rich, intense, delicious flourless chocolate cake is a dream come true for anyone with a chocolate craving!
Not only does this easy chocolate cake recipe taste incredible, it’s a pretty gorgeous dessert in that rustic way. The crackly top is my favorite part…almost like a meringue with the crunch, and the filling is soft, fudgy, and rich. Plus there are only 5 ingredients in this cake, so the chocolate is really the star of the show.
Can You Really Make Chocolate Cake Without Flour?
Yes! This cake is naturally gluten free…as long as you double check your vanilla extract and chocolate. Sometimes gluten is hiding in places you would never know! But yes! This is an unintentional gluten free recipe.
What Do You Need To Make Flourless Chocolate Cake?
Only 5 simple ingredients! And it’s likely you have all 5 in your kitchen right now. Here’s what you will need:
- Chocolate. Obviously this is the most important ingredient, so choose your chocolate wisely. If the chocolate doesn’t taste good on its own, it’s not going to taste good in the cake. So use a nice quality chocolate here. You will need 12 ounces of semi-sweet, and I like to use chopped chocolate best, but that’s a personal preference. I buy the large pound bars from Trader Joe’s. I find it to be a very nice quality chocolate for a minimal price. You can even use chocolate chips if that’s what you prefer.
- Eggs. You will need 5 large eggs for this recipe and it is important that they are room temperature. I will explain more on that below. You will be separating the egg yolks from the whites and whipping the whites up!
- Vanilla Extract. This is actually an optional ingredient, as the chocolate flavor is so strong, but I really like the way it rounds out the flavor.
- Butter. I recommend using salted butter in this recipe, as there is no additional salt added. The bit of salt in the butter enhances the chocolate flavor in my opinion.
- Cream of Tartar. This is necessary in whipping egg whites aiding in allowing them to reach their full volume. The acidity in cream of tartar holds in water and air, keeping them stable.