This Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi has all the classic Italian flavors your family loves! Sausage, marinara, and cheese make this a delicious weeknight dish.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
Whenever I share a sheet pan dinner or pasta bake recipe I get requests for more! You guys love easy dinners and I totally get it because we do too. You went crazy for our Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi so I think you will love this Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi too. This easy dinner recipe is delicious, easy to make, and the leftovers are great for lunch.
We wanted to pull in all of the classic flavors that make Italian food so delicious. We’re talking onion, marinara, sausage, and mozzarella here! Add in potato gnocchi and you just cannot lose with this dinner. Add it to your weekly menu plan and impress everyone at the table!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Ingredients
- Potato gnocchi-we use store bought gnocchi. You can find it in the pasta aisle. DeLallo is our favorite brand.
- Sausage-we like to use smoked Italian-style chicken sausage. Cut the sausage into 1-inch pieces. You can use your favorite sausage!
- Red and yellow bell pepper-cut into slices. The peppers give the dish nice color!
- Red onion-cut into slices. The onion adds great flavor!
- Marinara sauce-you can use your favorite store-bought marinara sauce or make our Easy Marinara Sauce or Slow Cooker Marinara.
- Mozzarella cheese-use fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes so it melts quickly and evenly.
- Garnish options: finish the dish with fresh basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi
You’re going to love how simple this is! It’s just about as easy as tossing everything into a pan and saying “Ciao!” as you slide it into the oven.
- Start with an oven preheated to 425 and a pan all prepped with foil and cooking spray.
- Spread the veggies, sausage, and gnocchi out on the pan. Take an extra minute to make sure none of the gnocchi is stuck together!
- Pour the marinara over everything and give it a little toss with a spatula to get an even coating. You could do this in a dish before hand, but I don’t like having an extra bowl to wash!
- Bake for 20 minutes, checking in halfway through to give it a little toss on the pan.
- After 20 minutes, pull it out and sprinkle fresh mozzarella cubes over the top. Give it 5 more minutes in the oven so all that cheese can melt!
- Once everything is melty and bubbly, pull the sheet pan out of the oven and dress it up with basil, parmesan, and red pepper flakes.
- Serve right away and ENJOY!
What to Serve with Sausage Gnocchi
This works great by itself as a full meal, but you may want to jazz up your table with some sides. A few things good side dishes to serve are:
More Sheet Pan Recipes:
- 16 ounces uncooked potato gnocchi
- 12 ounces smoked Italian-style chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups Marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes
- For garnish: fresh basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Remove the gnocchi from the package and make sure none of the gnocchi are stuck together. Spread the gnocchi, sausage, peppers, and onions on the baking sheet. Pour marinara sauce over the gnocchi, sausage, and vegetables. Toss until well coated in the sauce. Note-you can also do this in a bowl before putting on the pan, but I don’t like to dirty an extra dish, I combine right on the pan.
Spread the gnocchi, sausage, and vegetables in an even layer on the sheet pan.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Remove the pan from the oven and evenly sprinkle fresh mozzarella cheese cubes over the top. Place the pan back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven. Garnish with fresh basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and grated Parmesan cheese. Divide the gnocchi onto plates or bowls and serve immediately.
Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi
Amount Per Serving
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g35%
Vitamin A 1382IU28%
Vitamin C 67mg81%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Photos by Dishing Out Health