- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) vegan butter, softened (i used earth’s balance)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax and water. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the flax mixture and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Add the raisins and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon measure, place cookie dough onto Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.