When life takes you on the go, it can be a struggle to make healthy dietary choices while trying to get everything done in a timely manner. But with the right snack recipes, the perfect match of health and convenience is just moments away. Keep reading to find out which healthy snacks can make life on the go a little bit easier and far more nutritious.
1. Nourishing Snack Ideas for Quick, Healthy Eating
We all need to be nourished throughout the day, and snacks are an easy way to make sure we’re getting the energy and nutrition we need. Here are some ideas for simple, fast, and healthy snacks!
- Tuna salad or egg salad made with Greek yoghurt and served in a whole grain wrap or pita
- Lightly roasted mixed nuts with dried fruit and a hint of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Hummus and roasted red pepper slices, served with fresh veggies and whole grain crackers
Fruit is always a great go-to for a snack, especially when paired with nuts and seeds for protein and healthy fats. Try a sliced apple with peanut butter, chia and hemp seeds, or Greek yoghurt dip, or simply a handful mixed berries or melon. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, try roasting vegetables in the oven with herbs and spices, then storing them in the fridge to enjoy as a snack throughout the week. These are great served either on their own or as part of a wrap.
2. Crafting Delicious Fuel for the Busy Person
Finding healthy meals that can fit into a busy lifestyle is always a challenge. Cooking up something tasty and good-for-you doesn’t have to be hard – these recipes are quick and easy, giving you an energy boost that won’t leave you with a post-dinner slump.
- Home-Style Pesto Potatoes – This 10-minute meal is packed full of flavour and nutrition. Potatoes are tossed in a tasty pesto sauce, topped with cherry tomatoes and feta, and heated in the oven. A drizzle of aged balsamic finishes off this dish for a restaurant-quality meal at home.
- Quinoa Burrito Bowl – A complete meal in one bowl, this is great for a weeknight dinner. Fluffy quinoa is layered with black beans, onions, peppers and your favourite toppings for a healthy and delicious meal. Prepare ingredients ahead of time for a dinner that comes together in minutes.
4. Simple, Nutritious Recipe Ideas for the Mobile Lifestyle
Eating nutritious, tasty meals can often be difficult for people with busy lifestyles. Cooking doesn’t have to be a time-consuming chore; there are plenty of simple, healthy recipes that are easy to whip up in a matter of minutes. The following ideas will help you adhere to a healthy meal plan while on the go.
- Grilled Salmon with Rice and Veggies: A one-pan wonder, this meal is fast, flavorful, and incredibly nutritious. Grill some salmon and season to taste. Serve with cooked brown or wild rice and a side of your favorite seasonal veggies. Adding a squeeze of lemon and some fresh herbs makes it even tastier.
- Eggs and Avocado Toast: This breakfast or lunch favorite will fill you up and give you a boost of energy to get you through the day. Toast two slices of whole wheat bread and top with mashed avocado and two fried eggs for a delicious and healthy meal.
- Taco Bowls: Taco bowls are the perfect way to get your Mexican fix without all of the carbs. Start with a bed of crunchy lettuce greens. Then, pile on your favorite taco fillings – slow-cooked ground beef, black beans, grated cheese, diced tomatoes, salsa, and a dollop of sour cream. Serve warm.
- Spinach and Halloumi Salad: If you’re looking for a meatless meal, this salad can easily hit the spot. Start off with a bed of baby spinach leaves, then top with thin slices of halloumi cheese and a handful of sweet tomatoes. Drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt for a crunchy and flavorful salad.
These simple, healthy recipes are perfect for the busy lifestyle. If you’re organized, it’s easy to make a meal that’s both tasty and nutritious in no time at all. Why not give them a try?
5. Satisfying Snacks You Can Make in Minutes
You don’t need to give up eating a healthy and tasty snack if you don’t have much time. Here are five and enjoy in no time!
Nuts are a great and tasty snack, as well as being incredibly healthy. To give them a bit of extra flavour, you can toast them with a spoonful of honey or a sprinkle of curry. This will take just a few minutes and leave you with an elevated nutty delight.
Eggs are a mainstay on many breakfast tables, and they can make a great snack, too. Hard-boiled eggs take no more than 10 minutes to make and are a great source of protein. Alternatively, use your fryer to make three-minute omelettes or scrambled eggs with any additional ingredients you fancy as a snack.
- Soaked oat slices with a spoonful of yoghurt
- Chocolate mousse made with melted chocolate and whipped cream
- Tahini toasts with slices of avocado
- Baked sweet potato chips
- Pita bread with hummus and salad
Making snacks need not take up lots of your precious time. These five suggestions can be prepared quickly, leaving you satisfied with a tasty treat.
If you’re looking for healthy snack recipes to help you stay fueled on the go, these ideas are the way to go! Enjoy the convenience, deliciousness, and nutrition these snacking solutions bring to your life and you’ll never be left hungry while living the active lifestyle.