Delectable Delights: Easy and Delicious Homemade Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian-American dish that is loved by many. The crispy breaded chicken, the tangy tomato sauce, and the gooey melted cheese all come together to make a truly delicious meal. This recipe is simple to make and perfect for any night of the week.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, beat the egg.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each chicken breast, then top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
There you have it! Easy and delicious homemade chicken parmesan. Serve it with your favorite pasta and a side salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!