What are some flavorful ingredients to include in breakfast tacos?
Are you tired of the same old cereal or oatmeal for breakfast? Switch things up with these delicious breakfast tacos. Packed with protein and flavor, these tacos will help you start your day off on the right foot. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be customized to your liking.
- 6 flour or corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Warm tortillas in the skillet, one at a time, until soft and pliable. Stack and cover with a towel to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and crack in the eggs. Cook until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the tacos by filling each tortilla with eggs, black beans, cheddar cheese, avocado, salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
These breakfast tacos can be customized in many ways to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Add diced tomatoes or bell peppers for extra veggies.
- Try different types of cheese, such as feta or queso fresco.
- Swap out the black beans for refried beans or chorizo.
- Top with hot sauce or lime wedges for extra flavor.