Ingredients: 500 grams mascarpone,10 tbsp sugar,3 eggs,8 tbsp Limoncello,juice of 1/2 lemon,Lemon peel,200 ml water,36 ladyfingers,50 grams raspberries,50 grams blueberries
- In two different bowls, separate the egg yolks from the whites.Set the whites aside.Beat egg yolks and 7 tablespoons of sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and thick.
- Add the mascarpone and mix, until blended and creamy.
- Add 6 tablespoons of Limoncello and mix, if you are using an electric mixer, or stir with a wooden spoon. The amount of Limoncello varies depending on your taste. I would suggest to start by adding 3 spoons and tasting it, then adjust.Now, beat egg whites with a hand mixer until they form firm, stiff peaks.Using a silicone spatula, gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.With a peeler or a knife, remove the peel from the lemon.In a small pan, heat water, juice from 1/2 lemon, lemon peel, the rest of sugar and Limoncello and bring to a boil.Reduce heat to low and cook until sugar is dissolved.Set aside for some minutes to cool and remove the lemon peel.
- Pour the syrup into a shallow bowl and dip each ladyfinger quickly on both sides.
- Lay them side by side to cover the base of a Pyrex dish.Cover the ladyfingers with 1/3 of the mascarpone cream, and repeat layers two times, ending with a layer of the cream.It might be necessary to break some cookies to fill some empty spaces.Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.Decorate with fresh fruit and serve.