Popcorn is the ultimate movie night snack, but the store-bought bags can be full of unhealthy additives. With just a few simple ingredients and a microwave, you can make your own popcorn at home! This 5-minute recipe is quick, easy, and healthier than store-bought popcorn.
- 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive oil or coconut oil work well)
- Salt or other seasonings (optional)
- Place the popcorn kernels in a microwave-safe bowl with a lid.
- Add the oil to the popcorn kernels and stir to coat evenly.
- Put the lid on the bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, or until the popping slows down.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave (it will be hot!) and remove the lid.
- Add salt or other seasonings to taste and enjoy!
There you have it – a simple and delicious recipe for homemade popcorn. Now you can enjoy a healthy snack while you binge-watch your favorite show or movie!