Ingredients: 16 ounces package of fresh cranberries,3 ounces of Grand Marnier,1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, about 9 oranges,light Karo syrup,1 cup sugar,9 ounce of your favorite tequila
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the cup of sugar in the orange juice.
- Add the cranberries, reserving some for the skewers, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Blend cranberries in a blender, then strain to make the puree
- In a shaker add crushed ice, 1 1/2 ounces of tequila, 1/2 ounce of Grand Marnier, 2 ounces of cranberry puree and shake to mix.Skewer several cranberries onto 10 skewer sticks but leave enough skewer exposed on one end. Lightly brush each cranberry skewer with Karo syrup and then sprinkle extra sugar over the cranberry skewers.
- Place the cranberry swizzle sticks on wax paper and place in the freezer to set.
- Pour drink into a sugar rimmed martini glass.
- Add a cranberry swizzle stick for garnish.Note: nutritional information does not include sugar on the rim.