Ingredients: Mussels, 2kg,Onion (chopped), 1,Dry white wine, 150ml,Crème fraiche, 150ml,tablespoon Curry powder, 1,teaspoon Cayenne pepper, 1,tablespoon Parsley (chopped), 1,tablespoon Olive oil, 1,Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a big pot or cocotte, put in olive oil and onion. Fry the onions until soft but not brown.
- Then, put in white wine, parseley, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir for a few minutes before putting the mussels in the pot.
- Put the lid on and cook the mussels for about 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Use tongs to lift out the mussels as they open, putting them into a warm dish. Throw away any mussels that havent opened after 3 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan, leaving behind any grit or sand.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and crme fraiche, stir. Reheat the sauce without boiling and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve the mussels in individual bowls with the sauce poured over.
- Sprinkle with some parsley.