There’s nothing quite like the taste of homemade sweet potato chips. Not only are they crispier and more flavorful than store-bought chips, but they’re also healthier since they’re not fried in unhealthy oils. Plus, making your own chips allows you to experiment with various seasonings and spices, so you can personalize them to your liking.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced thinly (preferably with a mandoline)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss until the sweet potato slices are evenly coated.
- Spread the sweet potato slices out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then flip the sweet potato slices over and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the chips are crispy and golden brown. Be sure to keep a close eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
These homemade sweet potato chips are the perfect snack for any occasion. They’re easy to make, delicious to eat, and healthy too. Plus, you can customize them with your favorite spices and seasonings to make them even more tasty. Whether you’re enjoying them as a solo snack or serving them with your favorite dip, you won’t be disappointed.