Everyone loves a good margarita, and this watermelon version is sure to become a summer favorite! The combination of sweet watermelon, tangy lime, and tequila make for a refreshing and delicious cocktail that’s perfect for sipping poolside or at your next BBQ.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Salt, for rimming the glasses (optional)
- If you want to rim your glasses with salt, rub a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and then dip them in a shallow dish of salt. Fill the glasses with ice.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth.
- In a shaker, combine 1 cup of the watermelon puree with the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and honey (if using). Shake well.
- Pour the mixture over the ice in the glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.