Ingredients: 35g Almond flakes,Apricot Gel/Jam, as needed,25g Brown sugar,50g Cold butter, cut to cubes,Cookie Base,1 tbsp Fresh milk,20g Oatmeal Crushed cornflakes,100g Plain flour,80g Wholemeal flour
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.In a bowl combine wholemeal flour and plain flour together, then mix in the butter mixture with a rubber spatula and knead gently to a soft dough.Turn out the dough on to a flour surface or line with a plastic sheet below and with another plastic sheet on top. Then roll to a square. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough on a non grease paper and cover with a plastic sheet on top, then roll to dough to about 3mm thick.Prick the dough with a fork and bake for about 15-18 minutes until brown at preheated oven 180C and leave biscuit to cool.
- Spread the apricot jam over the top of the biscuit, set aside.
- Mix topping ingredients and spread evenly on the biscuit with a palette knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove cooked biscuit from the oven and leave to cool completely, then cut into bars.