Ingredients: 1 teaspoon Almond extract,1/2 teaspoon baking powder,1/4 cup butter or margarine,6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room tempature,3/4 cup cocoa powder*,1 cup shredded coconut,1 teaspoon coconut extract,3 Eggs,3/4 cup All-purpose Flour,6 tablespoons milk*,1/2 cup Powdered sugar,pinch of salt,2 tablespoons shortening,1 tablespoon sugar (caster),1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line the cupcake pans, and preheat the oven to 375F.Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs, extracts, and milk.In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix, and stir until combined. Hold off on tasting the batter, the almond extract is a little strong and not a good representation of what the final product tastes like.Fill each cupcake 2/3 full, and bake for 12-30 minutes. The time will vary with the amount of batter in your liners. My flower cupcake wrappers were HUGE and took almost a full 30 minutes, while the minis only took about 12 minutes to bake.
- Remove from the oven when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.To Make the Frosting:Beat the butter and shortening together until smooth.
- Mix in the coconut and powdered sugar.
- Add the milk until you reach your desired consistency.Toast the coconut at 350F for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost them and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.